How will Senter Road be safer for motorists?
To maintain safe driving speeds for all, this project will improve our existing streetlights, resurface the pavement, and redesign travel lanes on Senter Road. LED streetlights will not only save more energy but also create better-lit roads, while new pavement and travel lanes will make way for a smoother car or bus ride. Another new feature includes the installation of concrete median islands to distinguish opposing lanes of traffic, and we'll also plant trees to improve our community forest.
More on The Californer
- Fastly Enhances Live Streaming and Video-On-Demand Portfolio As Organisations Power Remote Digital Experiences
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 10.22.20
- Mayor London Breed Swears In John Burton to the San Francisco Port Commission
- Sexton Advisory Group Debunks the Biggest Medicare Myths
- San Jose Mayor Responds to District Attorney's Decision to Drop Charges Stemming from Cops' Racist Social Posts
What will Senter Road look like for bike riders? For anyone who uses standard bike lanes, we know how stressful it can be to share the road with passing cars. With that said, we're happy to announce that this project will improve existing bike lanes by adding barriers and pavement markings to clearly distinguish bike lanes from the rest of the road. This project will also add a new bike lane to a small part of Senter Road. We hope this will encourage more residents and visitors to bike around San José more often!
Maybe you rely on walking as your primary mode of transportation? Senter Road is a large and busy roadway, so make it more accessible to pedestrians, this project will improve pedestrian signal timing and add high-visibility crosswalks. The project will also install ADA-compliant curb ramps (so Senter Road is more accessible for pedestrians with disabilities); median island fencing that will prevent unsafe mid-block crossing; and quick-build corner curb extensions, which narrows the roadway so crosswalk distances are shorter and motorists reduce their turning speeds.
More on The Californer
- ONTo What Matters Most encourages safe travels, reinforces airport's commitment to passengers, community
- "W1SH RIBBON" Emblazons TOKYO SKYTREE'S Tembo Deck! TOKYO SKYTREE is Opening the Door to the Future So That W1SHES Can Come True!
- Pierre Gervois Awarded Prestigious George Stoney Social Impact Award for his TV show The Face of America
- Equity and Inclusion Take Center Stage at 50th Anniversary LABC Architectural Awards
- How to Dropship on eBay from Walmart - And Avoid Paying for Software
Our ultimate goals are to improve safety for all and to make Senter Road a more pleasant environment –– no matter what your preferred mode of transportation is! If you'd like to learn more about the safety improvements on Senter Road, access the project summary here or read our safety study.
Latest on The Californer
- Autonomous Announces First Ever Standing Desk with User-Adjustable Anti-Collision Feature
- Blood Immortal, available on DVD October 20th
- California Wines Presents Seasonal and Holiday Themed Livestream Series
- Hivemapper Builds Global Decentralized Mapping Network, Offers Cash for Aerial and Ground-Level 3D Video
- COVID-19 Sparks Boom in Digital Hospitals with Smart Technologies, Improving Quality of Care English English
- Terns Pharmaceuticals to Present Clinical Data on Improved TERN-101 Tablet Formulation at the Paris NASH Digital Experience
- Levine Leichtman Capital Partners Acquires NMi
- GreatSchools.org Announces 2020 'College Success Award' Recipients
- GUILD HOLDINGS COMPANY ANNOUNCES PRICING OF INITIAL PUBLIC OFFERING
- "Autism's Got Talent" Crowns Inaugural Winner
- iPOP Alum Matt Cornett's Hit Show Will Debut a Holiday Special this December
- iPOP Alum Karan Brar's Latest Film, Hubie Halloween Now on Netflix
- PARRIS Law Firm Once Again Successful in Shaping Reopening Guidelines for Breweries and Wineries Across Los Angeles County
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 10.21.20
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Announces It Is Investigating Claims Against Innate Pharma S.A. and Encourages Investors with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Axiomtek's Robust, Low Power-Consumption Embedded PC with Customizable Features - eBOX626-311-FL
- BYD Delivers Battery-Electric Buses to Macon-Bibb County Transit Authority
- Waterside Productions Announces Susie Cox's New Book, "The Future of the United States"
- Consumers Demand Alcohol Cancer Warning Labels
- Longstanding Viera/Suntree brokerage Vista Florida Realty LLC merges with Dale Sorensen Real Estate, Inc