- 7-Year Old Singer/Songwriter Kyra Pesebre Releases "I Love You, Dad" In Time For Father's Day - 452
- Waterside Productions Announces Said E. Dawlabani's New Book "The Light of Ishtar"
- Paul Sinacore Casting Shines Spotlight On "Friends: The Reunion" as Diversity Backlash Continues
Daniel Lazo, Interim Public Information Manager
Wheelie Good News from Lake Cunningham Action Sports Park
California's largest skatepark and the 8.5-acre bike park reopen for members
SAN JOSE, Calif. (May 17, 2021) – Following a temporary closure due to the pandemic, the Department of Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Services' (PRNS) Lake Cunningham Action Sports Park is excited to welcome skaters, scooter-riders and bikers starting Wednesday, May 19. All guests must have a membership to make a timed reservation in advance.
The 68,000 square-foot facility is home to California's largest skatepark with the world's largest full pipe and vert wall, and an 8.5-acre bike park with seven diverse riding zones to challenge riders of all skill levels. The park is designed for skateboards, scooters and bikes.
Action Sports Park is following all City, County and State health and safety guidelines, including timed reservations, wearing masks at all times, a health screening upon entry, social distancing protocols and enhanced disinfecting measures throughout the facility.
"The pandemic really brought to light how critical outdoor recreation is for physical and mental wellness," says Parks Facilities Supervisor, Joe Albayalde. "We want all of our visitors to feel safe when they come to visit, which is why Action Sports Park is reopening in COVID-modified phases."
More on The Californer
- Edison International Declares Q2 Dividends
- San Jose: FLASH REPORT #165 - COVID-19 Response and Recovery
- San Jose Mayor, City Council Unanimously Approve Acting City Manager for 10th Largest City in the Nation
- Confluent Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Cryptsoft's KMIP technology strengthens security in Networked Energy Services' Advanced Metering Infrastructure solutions
During the first phase of reopening, the Pro Shop will remain closed. Guests must bring their own refreshments and safety gear. Safety gear, including helmets, knee pads, and elbow pads are required to enter the skate park. While riding in the bike park, a proper helmet is required.
"It's exciting to get the park back in action," says Parks Specialist, Kyle Lussier. "Our members are eager to get back to shredding the park, and our staff are thrilled to host our Action Sports Camp this summer."
Action Sports Camp provides youth ages 6-12 with an unforgettable camp experience in skateboarding, scootering and biking from June 14 to August 13, Monday through Friday from 8 – 11 a.m.
Summer camps are modified to follow all state and county health and safety guidelines. All camps require face coverings, daily health screenings will be performed, and all programs are limited to 12 or fewer children. The City of San José will continue to monitor all state and county health and safety guidelines and will make any necessary adjustments.
Scholarships are available for families and individuals who meet the qualifications for both memberships and camps. Families must apply in-person at Action Sports Park's information booth or a community center. Scholarships can be used at any program location.
More on The Californer
- SOS Hydration Partners With Original 'Shark' Kevin Harrington
- San Francisco: Mayor Breed Announces Historic Relaunch of The City's LGBTQI+ Advisory Committee on Pride Week
- SkyWest Airlines and SJVC Relaunch Apprenticeship Program
- Mayor London Breed Celebrates Completion of San Francisco's New Seismically Safe Emergency Medical Services Station No. 49, Home of The City's Ambulance Fleet
- The Power of Three: Helios Bioelectronics, GattaCo, and iAssay Unite to Clobber Infectious Disease
For more information about Lake Cunningham Action Sports Park, to purchase a membership or register for Action Sports Camp, please visit bit.ly/sj-lcasp or contact Action Sports Park directly at 408-794-7574.
About the City of San José
With more than one million residents, San José is one of the most diverse large cities in the United States and is Northern California's largest city and the 10th largest city in the nation. San José's transformation into a global innovation center has resulted in one of the largest concentrations of technology companies and expertise in the world. In 2011, the City adopted Envision San José 2040, a long-term growth plan that sets forth a vision and a comprehensive road map to guide the City's anticipated growth through the year 2040.
About Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Services
The City of San José Department of Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Services (PRNS) oversees 10 regional parks, 209 neighborhood parks, 290 park playgrounds, 48 community centers, and almost 61 miles of trail. It has one of the most diverse service models of any agency of its type. ActivateSJ, PRNS' latest strategic work plan, is committed to establishing healthy communities that inspire belonging by following the guiding principles of stewardship, nature, equity & access, identity and public life. For more information, please visit activatesj.org.
Latest on The Californer
- Hims & Hers Expands Hair Growth Offerings with Launch of Minoxidil 5% Foam
- Gamma Zeta Boulé Foundation Raises $190,000, Awards $83,000 in Scholarships to Eight Graduating Senior L.A.M.P. Mentor Program Mentees and Recognizes Three L.A.M.P. Mentees Selected as Boulé Scholars
- AdsWizz New Audio Attribution Solution Delivers Positive Results for Advertisers
- Cloud Gaming Market Size To Expand At 48.2% CAGR By 2027, Owing To Rising Investments In 5G Technology & Admittance To Several Games On Cloud At Reasonable Prices | Million Insights
- Infogain Recognized as 2nd Fastest Growing Company in Everest Group Engineering Services Top 50™ 2021
- thredUP Releases Its Ninth Annual Resale Report with First-Ever Impact Section
- Lamorinda Realtor Judy Sin Brokers Difficult Deal On Home With 2 Months Of Renovations Left
- As Mobile Usage Skyrockets, Nearly Half of Consumers Do Not Protect Personal Data
- California: Governor Newsom Declares State of Emergency for Madera and Mariposa Counties Due to January Wind Event
- Sintilimab in Combination with Chemotherapy Meets Overall Survival Primary Endpoint in the Global Phase 3 ORIENT-15 Study for the First-Line Treatment of Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Second Sight Medical Products Announces Pricing of Public Offering
- Maleimide Activated OVA-Peptide Conjugation Kit
- Meet Dr. Karen Tran-Harding - Creator, Host & Producer of MEDICAL HEROES
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed and Supervisor Rafael Mandelman Introduce Legislation to Expand LGBTQ Data Collection for City Employees and Applicants
- The Law Offices of Frank R. Cruz Announces Investigation of MicroStrategy Incorporated (MSTR) on Behalf of Investors
- Innovaccer Partners With Perception Health to Power Smart Referral Management With Predictive Analytics
- Top Executive from Under Armour Joins CEO Coaching International®
- Innovative Tour of the Elkhorn Slough
- Surface Optics Awarded NAVAIR SBIR Grant to Develop Multispectral Imaging System for Detectio
- San Jose: : Fireworks 'Just Not Worth It' – Celebrate Safely this Fourth of July