- Financial Solutions Inc. Receives the 2020 Best of Sheridan Wyoming Award
- Ziggurat Technologies' Zivolve™ is Now Available for Android Users on the Google Play Store, Revolutionizing Mobile Investing Beyond the Apple iOS App
- The Business Consultant behind The First Black-owned BP
- Collaboration includes multiple signoff domains and spans library characterization to full-chip signoff for accelerated design closure
- Signoff solution innovations address unique challenges from 5nm to 3nm to ensure signoff accuracy with 20X faster runtime and half the memory consumption
- Customer productivity enhanced by 5X reduction in ECO iterations and better hardware efficiency
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS) today announced that with its industry-leading, broad portfolio of golden signoff products, Synopsys has collaborated with Samsung Foundry to deliver a fully qualified flow with significant gains in accuracy, turnaround time and designer productivity. By targeting 5G, artificial intelligence and high-performance computing SoCs, these gains enable customers at Samsung 5-nanometer (nm) to 3nm process nodes to achieve optimal power, performance, area (PPA) and accelerate time-to-results (TTR).
"Samsung Foundry serves many leading-edge customers in the most advanced application segments that demand the highest levels of design performance, robustness, and power efficiency," said Sangyun Kim, vice president of Foundry Design Technology at Samsung Electronics. "Our collaboration with Synopsys has been instrumental in delivering state-of-the-art signoff flows to our customers for our advanced 5 to 3nm process nodes."
More on The Californer
- Grassroots Advocacy Group Urges Biden Administration to Appoint a Doctoral Level Mental Health Professional to Lead SAMHSA
- Harborside Inc. Announces Departure of Chief Operating Officer, Greg Sutton
- The Law Offices of Frank R. Cruz Reminds Investors of Looming Deadline in the Class Action Lawsuit Against Triterras, Inc. f/k/a Netfin Acquisition Corp. (TRIT, TRITW)
- Mayor London Breed Announces Release of Five-Year Financial Plan for the City and County of San Francisco
- San Jose: San José Officials Reappoint Independent Police Auditor
The Synopsys fully qualified signoff flow includes the following solutions:
- PrimeTime®: Supports ultra-low voltage variation, via variation and multi-input switching with 3% correlation to SPICE, 50 percent reduction in overall memory footprint and a 20X performance increase for path-based analysis
- StarRC™: Extraction with a 2X runtime improvement and accuracy within 1 percent of golden reference
- StarRC Field Solver: Deployed as the golden reference for advanced node enablement
- PrimeECO™: Enables 5X faster design closure, eliminating costly iterations between implementation and signoff
- PrimePower: Provides an 8X faster gate-level power analysis using RTL simulation vectors
- SiliconSmart®: Delivers 10X overall performance increase including enablement on Synopsys Cloud Service, significantly reducing the turnaround time for library characterization
"Collaborations with industry leaders in semiconductor design and manufacturing is at the core of our continued innovations in design signoff," said Jacob Avidan, senior vice president of engineering in Synopsys' Design Group. "We are fortunate to team up with Samsung Foundry to drive these innovations across a wide range of signoff technologies pushing performance limits and reducing margins required for design with the highest degree of confidence on Samsung's latest advanced process technologies. We look forward to continuing our collaboration for the next wave of designs and application segments."
More on The Californer
- California: Governor Newsom Issues Proclamation Declaring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 1.15.21
- Alpha and Omega Semiconductor to Announce Fiscal Second Quarter 2021 Financial Results
- Regional Mexican stars Calibre 50 release compilation album "Las Numero 1 de Calibre 50"
- Mayor London Breed Announces Plan to Create Network of COVID-19 Vaccination Sites in San Francisco
- Simplr's Human Cloud Network Honored as One of Glassdoor's Top 50 Best Places to Work in 2021
The collaboration spans the broad portfolio of Fusion Design Platform™signoff solutions, including PrimeTime static timing analysis, PrimeECO design closure, PrimePower power analysis, StarRC extraction and SiliconSmart library characterization.
For more information about Synopsys' fully qualified signoff flow features optimized for Samsung Foundry 5/3nm process technologies, visit https://www.synopsys.com/implementation-and-signoff.html.
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS) is the Silicon to Software™ partner for innovative companies developing the electronic products and software applications we rely on every day. As the world's 15th largest software company, Synopsys has a long history of being a global leader in electronic design automation (EDA) and semiconductor IP and is also growing its leadership in software security and quality solutions. Whether you're a system-on-chip (SoC) designer creating advanced semiconductors, or a software developer writing applications that require the highest security and quality, Synopsys has the solutions needed to deliver innovative, high-quality, secure products. Learn more at www.synopsys.com.
SOURCE Synopsys, Inc.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- Is the Beach So Last Year?
- Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy Files Lawsuit Against Bank of America for Allegedly Failing to Protect the Accounts of Thousands of Unemployed Californians
- Aruba ClearPass Security Portfolio Receives Coveted Cyber Catalyst℠ Designation
- Asia-Pacific Contact Center Applications Market to See Buoyant Growth, Thanks to Analytics
- Consolidated Contracting Forms "Consolidated Building Health" Division to Effectively Control the Spread of Diseases in Senior Living Communities
- HAGENS BERMAN, NATIONAL TRIAL ATTORNEYS, Investigating Eos Energy Enterprises (EOSE) For Possible Securities Fraud in Light of Analyst Questions About Company's Customers, Encourages EOSE Investors to Contact Its Attorneys Now
- Motivational Fitness Radio Station Launches Hip Hop Rock
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 1.14.21
- San Jose: Media Advisory: Volunteers put the Community in Community Service
- 607th Consecutive Common Stock Monthly Dividend Declared By Realty Income
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Additional Security Actions in Advance of Presidential Inauguration
- "Diamond Fuji" to be Seen from TOKYO SKYTREE in February
- California: Governor Newsom Launches Transparency, Accountability and Assistance Measures in the State's Safe Schools for All Plan
- Port of Los Angeles Cargo Reaches 9.2 Million TEUs in 2020
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Announces $25 Million Early Education Economic Recovery Program
- Mayor London Breed Nominates Assessor Carmen Chu as San Francisco City Administrator
- 2U 15.1" Depth Rackmount Computer with 2 x Hot-Swap Hard Drive Trays - RMC5254
- Victorville Community Resource Center Named California HUD EnVision Center
- Green Stream Holdings Prepares for NE Solar Projects with New Production Space
- Texpak Offers Environmentally-Friendly Ecotach™ Fasteners to Address Sustainability Needs