- Celebrate Earth Day on a wine-filled adventure along the Shawangunk Wine Trail!
- California: State Reaffirms Right to Contraceptive Care
- Multi-Platinum Songwriter Harold Payne Releases New Inspirational Anthem
Governor Newsom has been vocal about his commitment to Lithium Valley, visiting the area as part of his State of the State tour and joining President Biden and community, labor, and industry leaders last year to outline historic progress on sustainably developing lithium resources. He has also signed legislation directing $5 million to Imperial County to support Lithium Valley and signed the Lithium Extraction Tax Law - ensuring that communities are benefited by lithium extraction and are a significant part of the growing industry.
Since 2017, California has awarded more than $27 million to nearly 20 research projects related to lithium recovery from geothermal brines, processing of manufacturing grade lithium, efficient use of lithium in batteries, as well as other related research, planning and development efforts. In December 2022, the Blue Ribbon Commission on Lithium Extraction in California (Lithium Valley Commission) submitted its report of findings and recommendations to the state Legislature. The report recommends accelerating transmission planning, improving permitting, and securing funding for infrastructure investments and economic development incentives to support industry growth and job training.
More on The Californer
- TERRASHADE® Receives Patent Approval for Innovative Portable Shade Structure
- California: Governor Newsom Honors Three Law Enforcement Officers With Medal of Valor
- Veracyte's Decipher Prostate Test Receives Highest Evidence-Level Rating Among Molecular Tests in Updated Prostate Cancer NCCN Guidelines
- ENTOUCH Awarded Prestigious Recognition in Inc. Regionals Southwest 2024
- Viking Therapeutics Announces Proposed Public Offering of Common Stock
California aims to produce lithium in a more sustainable way than nearly anywhere else in the world by relying on modern extraction techniques rather than harmful hard rock mining or other traditional tools of extraction. This could potentially meet all of America's future demand for lithium as well as one-third of global demand - supercharging the transition to EVs.
Governor Newsom commented on this news saying "We've been all-in on Lithium Valley, building up a global hub for clean energy and making sure that local communities benefit from this once-in-a-generation opportunity. This is further evidence that California is poised to become the world's largest source of batteries for our cars, homes, and businesses."
The new analysis estimates that more lithium is available for extraction than previously thought - an essential material for batteries that store clean energy, power electric vehicles, and more. This news positions California as an important player in securing a clean energy future with its potential global hub for battery production.
Latest on The Californer
- Jason Markk attains B Corp Certification
- Marysville Chinese Community Hosts 144th Bok Kai Weekend Celebration in Marysville, CA March 8-10
- Pulliam For President Campaign Files Lawsuit Against California Secretary Of State
- HighStream Fiber Continues to Grow and Satisfy Customers with netElastic CGNAT
- With a 2-Year Revenue Growth of 1535%, Ironside HR is No. 8 on Inc. Regionals 2024 Southwest List
- Location3 Honored with 2024 Inc. Regionals Award
- Safecamp Audio Launches Innerviews, New Foster Care Podcast
- Veryon brings AI-powered solutions to PBEXPO in Miami
- New horizons for Virtual Pets Fans
- EARN ALLIANCE INTRODUCES FIRST-IN-MARKET WEB3 GAMING DISCOVERY PLATFORM THAT REWARDS GAMERS, AND PROVIDES "ENGAGEMENT AS A SERVICE" SOLUTION FOR DEVELOPERS
- Exciting News: "Long Live the Baron" Soars into Top 200 on Amazon Bookstore
- Evolus to Participate in Upcoming Leerink Partners and Barclays Investor Conferences
- Discover the Jowl Lift: a non-invasive facial procedure created by Dr. Paulo Martin
- Socket Mobile Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2023 Results Release Date and Conference Call
- New Book Challenges AI Implementations
- MashUp presents 8th Annual International Women's Day Dance Festival
- Rocky Michaels releases his latest official music video, 'Seasons'
- City Encourages Long Beach Residents Enrolled in the U.S. Affordable Connectivity Program to Review Internet Bill as Program Funding Nears Completion
- Yours Humanly to Hold 7th Annual Gift of Schooling Gala, March 9, Blackhawk Museum
- Cal Lutheran Professor Named Inaugural Faculty Fellow