- Goat Anti-Mouse IgG1 Fab Fragment Cyanine 3 Conjugate
- Gambian Films Earn Prestigious Selection at Ohio Valley Festival for Filmmakers of Color
- Wells Fargo Investment Institute Believes 2024 is a Pivotal Year for the Economy and Markets
The study was conducted over a two year period, observing 5.6 million miles of human ridehail driving data in the city of San Francisco, excluding select high speed roads (e.g. posted speeds of greater than 35 mph). Based on the combined data collected from UMTRI's large-scale fleet study and VTTI's precision-instrument study, researchers were able to capture a robust measurement of the human ride hail crash rate.
According to Dr. Carol Flannagan, lead author of the paper and research professor at UMTRI, "What's been missing in autonomous vehicle research is a benchmark that goes beyond the available data and accurately reflects the human driver. With support from General Motors and Cruise, experts at UMTRI were able to take a groundbreaking new approach to generating human-driver benchmarks in environments comparable to ADS deployments."
More on The Californer
- Governor Newsom Highlights Funding for Climate Change Resiliency Projects Across California
- The Major Hope Foundation Brings 'A Major Day of Hope To Los Angeles'
- Blue Ridge Bankshares, Inc. (BRBS) Investor Notice: Robbins LLP Reminds Shareholders of Class Action Filed Against Blue Ridge Bankshares, Inc.
- California Gets $70 Million in Federal Funding to Accelerate Salton Sea Restoration
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 12.8.23
The results showed that compared to the ridehail drivers in the study, Cruise estimates that its AVs were involved in 65% fewer collisions overall, 94% fewer collisions as the primary contributor, and 74% fewer collisions with meaningful risk of injury.
Louise Zhang, Cruise's Vice President of Safety & Systems said "This research provides authentic insights into the driving habits of human ridehail operators, and offers tremendous value in our quest to make our roads safer for all through the broad introduction of safe self-driving vehicles." She added "Our gratitude extends to UMTRI and VTTI for their innovation and academic integrity. This study exemplifies Cruise's longstanding commitment to safety."
Cruise Autonomous Vehicle has taken an innovative approach by partnering with The University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute (UMTRI) and other leading transportation research institutes such as General Motors and Virginia Tech Transportation Institute (VTTI) to create a human benchmark for measuring safety performance for its driverless fleet in San Francisco. This research provides valuable insights into how autonomous vehicles can be made safer for everyone on our roads.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- Arcellx Announces Continued Robust Long-Term Responses from Its CART-ddBCMA (anito-cel) Phase 1 Expansion Trial in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Multiple Myeloma at ASH
- Feast of the Seven Fishes at Cibo Modern Mediterranean
- California: Governor Newsom Reaffirms Support for Updated Delta Conveyance Proposal
- Emory Healthcare Network and Peachtree Immediate Care continue collaboration, sign new long-term agreement
- On behalf of the At Your Service Plumbing Club Members, we have donated to The Salvation Army and Families Network Unlimited this Holiday Season
- Entry Deadline is January 12 for California Strawberry Festival Artwork Contest
- 1H-Benzotriazol-1-yloxytripyrrolidinophosphonium Hexafluorophosphate (Highly Pure)
- Open Networking & Edge Summit 2024 in Silicon Valley Extends CFP Deadline to December 17 and releases 2024 Ecosystem Predictions
- California Community College Expands with 17-Device Order
- Operation Bullpen Stan Fitzgerald hits back on political persecution with "The Fall of Deceit" now available for purchase
- Neberon Heated Gloves: Your Best Winter Companion for Christmas
- Joby, ANA Holdings Partner with Nomura Real Estate Development for Vertiports in Japan
- Zero Upfront Fee Website- Thinking About Starting A Business?
- Penny S. Tee, MBA: A Beacon of Peace Amidst Conflict
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 12.7.23
- Habitat EJC Assembles National Team for Permanently Affordable Community
- State Marks 100+ Water System Consolidations, Providing Safe Drinking Water for 90,000 Californians
- Chaos Loc Releases New Album "Life After Super Max"
- Joel Osman is Promoted to Partner at Parker Shaffie LLP
- Scott Cooper Miami Project Announces New Scholarship Winner: Aban Khan