- Unreal Mobile extends its Black Friday deal, dubbing it "Golden Friday."
- Black Friday: 15% Off SxS Rims & Tires
- Black Friday Sale: 15% Off Rims & Tires
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Nov. 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- To streamline the end-to-end design of photonic integrated circuits (PICs) and meet future demands of applications including datacom, telecom, LiDAR, healthcare, HPC, AI, and optical computing, OpenLight today announced the general availability of its process design kit (PDK). The OpenLight PDK is ready to be used with the Synopsys photonic IC design solution, and includes indium phosphide active optical elements on-chip that can be directly used by Synopsys OptoCompiler™ and simulated with the Synopsys OptSim™ photonic simulator, providing customers with a superior method to create PICs with optical amplifiers, on-chip lasers, and high-speed, low-loss modulators tailored to their design requirements.
Customers can access an extensive library of tested and proven photonic components to enhance first-time PIC success and deliver more reliable design and fabrication. The technology has passed qualification and reliability tests on Tower Semiconductor's Silicon Photonics production flow (PH18DA).
More on The Californer
- Snell & Wilmer Partners Patricia Brum and Keith M. Gregory Named DEIA Visionaries by LA Times
- Synergize Your Senses: Urban Medicine Woman's Holiday Scented Bliss with Synergy Blend Roll-Ons!
- SSV Network selects Randamu for Distributed Key Generation (DKG) Grant Award
- How Much Power Is Enough When Selecting an AC Supply
- Anti-Glial Fibrillary Acidic Protein Antibody
"We strongly believe in the ability of OpenLight's technology implemented in Tower's foundry platform to push the envelope and enable the next generation of photonic IC products," said Dr. Marco Racanelli, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Tower Semiconductor's Analog Business Unit. "With PDKs now available to the world, mutual customers can benefit from access to this advanced technology through an open foundry model. Results of PICs fabricated to date are impressive and the PDK announced here will speed up further PIC innovation from the industry as designers confidently develop and bring to market new products faster with on-chip lasers and optical amplifiers."
Synopsys supports OpenLight's PDK through Synopsys OptoCompiler, bridging the gap between photonic experts and IC designers to make photonic designs as productive as electronic designs. Synopsys OptoCompiler is a complete end-to-end design, verification, and signoff solution for photonic ICs. The solution combines specific capabilities for photonic design with industry-proven electronic design methods in a unique, unified platform to make photonic IC design accessible, fast, and flexible.
"The combination of Synopsys' industry-leading photonic IC design solution and OpenLight's integrated laser technology in one cohesive platform empowers teams to design real-world PICs in a way that has never been done before," said Aveek Sarkar, Vice President of Engineering at Synopsys. "We look forward to supporting mutual customers together with Tower and OpenLight to accelerate adoption of silicon photonics with integrated lasers."
More on The Californer
- Pelican Launches Adventure Case Series
- California: Governor Newsom Statement on Passing of U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor
- Exceptional Marine Corps Wood Military Signs
- Lawmato relaunches its virtual consultation app with enhanced features
- Black Friday Sale Extended Through Cyber Monday
"Until now, there has never been an open silicon photonics platform with active on-chip optical elements," said Dr. Thomas Mader, Chief Operating Officer at OpenLight. "We are at the vanguard of discovering the extent to which integrated lasers can reduce barriers to entry and transform the way teams design PICs for a large variety of applications. With the general release of the PDK, OpenLight is also reducing barriers to entry on the design side, enabling customers to quickly design PICs and get to market and production faster. This is just the beginning, and we expect to see continued scale, speed, and power advancements from our platform."
OpenLight launched as an independent company in June 2022, introducing the world's first open silicon photonics platform with integrated lasers. The company is already seeing success among customers with its first 400G and 800G reference designs with integrated lasers made available this summer.
To get in touch with OpenLight on the latest PDK availability, visit: https://openlightphotonics.com/
OpenLight has decades of experience in photonics design. Our executive and engineering teams are delivering the world's first open silicon photonics platform with integrated lasers to improve the performance, power efficiency, and reliability of designs for telecom, datacom, LiDAR, healthcare, HPC, AI, and optical computing applications. With over 200 patents, OpenLight is bringing optical solutions to places it has never been before and enabling technologies and innovation that weren't previously possible. The company is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA with offices in Silicon Valley. Read more at www.openlightphotonics.com
Logo - https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/1832614/OpenLight_Logo.jpg
Filed Under: Business
Latest on The Californer
- Merry Melrose at the Melrose Trading Post!
- Hollywood Storage Center of Thousand Oaks Announces Two Weekends of Free Photos with Santa
- PowerTribe "Up With The Sword" - New Album Unleashed January 10, 2024
- BYD | RIDE Supports Women in Transportation with $5,000 Build Your Dreams Scholarship
- D.A. Davidson Acts as Sell-Side Advisor to COMC on its Commercial Agreement and Investment from eBay Inc.
- National Minority Health Association Launches "Equity for All."
- Final Week For Medicare Insurance Open Enrollment
- DocuSign Achieves StateRAMP Authorization, Enabling State and Local Governments to Easily and Securely Build, Send and Sign Agreements
- Long Beach Airport Unveils "A Flight to History" Centennial Commemoration Mural
- Klarinet Solutions Recognized as Staffbase's Rising Star of the Year
- Green Office Partner Launches Managed Print Services Program in Canada
- Lowthorp Richards and Hathaway Law Firm Join Forces in Merger
- Vantiva Confirms its Strong Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- StratEdge Presents and Exhibits at the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) InterPACK 2023 Conference
- The World's No.1 Superstar Rings in 48th Birthday and 25 Years as an Entertainer
- Devart Is the Winner of 2023 New World Report Software and Technology Award
- EasyLlama Launches Festive Globe Learning Journey to Boost Workplace Culture & Inclusivity
- Unveiling a Secluded Paradise: Beachfront Home on Dog Island, Carrabelle, Florida, Goes to Auction
- Finopotamus Launches the 2023-24 Edition of the Digital Banking Industry Leaders Forum
- SalonInteractive Launches in Square App Marketplace to Provide eCommerce, Marketing & More to Beauty Professionals