- Are Productions Missing the Full Opportunities of Social Media Marketing?
- Legacy Gospel Series Project - New Previously Unreleased Recordings
- Obtain a USCG Captain's License During COVID-19
San José Clean Energy
Zachary Struyk, Assistant Director
(408) 535-4868; firstname.lastname@example.org
Investors: Jim Fanucchi; (408) 404-5400; email@example.com
Media: Sean Ogarrio; (408) 546-5405; firstname.lastname@example.org
SAN JOSE, Calif. (February 12, 2021) - Today Lumentum Holdings Inc. (Lumentum), an industry-leading designer and manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products, announced that their San José headquarters is now powered by San José Clean Energy's (SJCE) 100% renewable energy service, TotalGreen.
SJCE's TotalGreen electric service provides renewable, emission-free energy from solar generation, which aligns with Lumentum's values and their commitment to protecting the environment, maintaining the community's health and safety, and providing for a sustainable future.
"Lumentum's decision to upgrade to TotalGreen shows their commitment to a clean energy future for a healthier San José," said Lori Mitchell, Director of the Community Energy Department, which operates SJCE. "We're thrilled about this new partnership and to see continued demand for 100% renewable energy from our corporate customers."
Lumentum's new partnership with SJCE plays an important part in their commitment to sustainability and the environment at its San José headquarters. The company intends to minimize its impact on the environment by reducing its energy consumption, greenhouse gas emissions, water consumption, and waste generation. Lumentum plans to have net-zero emissions globally by 2030. The company's decision to power their headquarters with 100% renewable energy also helps the City of San José in reaching its emissions reduction goals to provide 100% renewable energy by 2050.
More on The Californer
- Bronx DWI Lawyer Announces New Website
- Recording Artist "Cherne" Crystal Brown auditions for Sony Music, Atlantic Records and Capitol Records and it doesn't stop there
- San Francisco: City Leaders Join Together to Announce Two New Initiatives to Prevent Recidivism and Gun Violence
- San Jose: Draft IS/Addendum: Our Lady of La Vang Church (SP19-028)
- San Jose: Draft IS/Addendum: 645 Horning Street Gas Station, Food, and Storage Project (PDA16-027-02)
"We are proud to be doing our part to combat climate change and protect the environment and the health of our community," said Alan Lowe, President and CEO of Lumentum. "By ensuring our business has sound environmental practices, like choosing SJCE's TotalGreen service, we can conserve and enhance resources for future generations, all while providing innovative products and services."
In 2021, Lumentum will release its first external sustainability report that details these objectives as well as their Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) goals and achievements. Visit their corporate social responsibility website to learn more.
Since 2019, SJCE has signed four long-term power purchase agreements for 487 MW of new renewable energy and 10 MW of battery storage. Of the four long-term agreements, two are scheduled to be operational at the end of this year. SJCE plays a crucial role in Climate Smart San José, the City's climate action plan. San José Clean Energy is dedicated to increasing the amount of renewable energy in its power supply and providing it during all hours of the day. Beyond investing in new renewables, SJCE is designing programs to increase equity and access to the benefits of renewable energy and electrification.
About the City of San José
With more than one million residents, San José is one of the most diverse large cities in the United States and is Northern California's largest city and the 10th largest city in the nation. San José's transformation into a global innovation center has resulted in one of the largest concentrations of technology companies and expertise in the world. In 2011, the City adopted Envision San José 2040, a long-term growth plan that sets forth a vision and a comprehensive road map to guide the City's anticipated growth through the year 2040.
About San José Clean Energy
San José Clean Energy is the new electricity generation service provider for residents and businesses in the City of San José, operated by the City's Community Energy Department. Governed by the City Council, it provides over 340,000 residential and commercial electricity customers with cleaner, lower carbon power options at competitive prices from sources like solar, wind, and hydropower. For more information, please visit www.SanJoseCleanEnergy.org.
More on The Californer
- San Francisco Moves to Phase 1B of COVID-19 Vaccinations, Expands Eligibility to Educators, Child Care, Emergency Services, Food and Agriculture Workers
- All-new Virtual Music Lounge Turntable Adds Amanda Levensohn as Creative Director
- Honorary Oscar-Winner Charles Burnett brings his award winning film on COVID-19 / Black Hollywood to the Prestigious Pan African 2021 Film Festival
- In a year of recession, Lantek closes 2020 with record sales figures and customer numbers
- SHAREHOLDER ACTION REMINDER: The Schall Law Firm Announces the Filing of a Class Action Lawsuit Against Ebix, Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses in Excess of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn @SJCleanEnergy.
Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE) is a market-leading designer and manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and laser applications worldwide. Lumentum optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type of telecom, enterprise, and data center network. Lumentum lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing capabilities. Lumentum is headquartered in San José, California with R&D, manufacturing, and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.lumentum.com.
Follow Lumentum on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn @Lumentum.
Latest on The Californer
- BYD Announces Dealer Agreement with Ogden Forklifts
- Governor Newsom Signs Legislative Package Providing Urgent Relief to Californians Experiencing Pandemic Hardship
- The Best SEO Company in New York City Is Proving Local Businesses Free SEO Audit As COVID-19 Relief
- New DL-100S Series Remote Temperature & Humidity Data Logger with LCD Screen & IP66 Housing
- Glancy Prongay & Murray LLP Reminds Investors of Looming Deadline in the Class Action Lawsuit Against Jianpu Technology, Inc. (JT)
- Managing Artificial Intelligence (AI) Projects Mini-Conference scheduled for March 27
- Muslim Lifestyle Website 'Eid Collective' Announces Official Launch
- Private Placement Markets Launches its PPM Life Insurance Company Backed Commercial Mortgage Loans
- Fennemore Names New Office Managing Partners, Practice Group Leaders & Chief Diversity Officer
- Memorial Hospital of Gardena Honors Nurses With the DAISY Award
- Chevy Repairs Kept Affordable with autopom! Vehicle Protection Plans
- Astra Launches Automated Bank Transfer API for Financial Institutions and Fintech Companies
- Wohler adds to their iVAM range with the launch of the iVAM2-2
- Optimal Empowers Procurement Teams with Expert Best Practices
- Announced Sale of Wells Fargo Closed-End Funds' Advisor and Subadvisors
- Garland Technology and Endace Bring Network-Wide Visibility to SecOps and NetOps teams
- BEYOND GUANTANAMO: Louisiana Candidate for Congress blazes trail to freedom for U.S. political prisoners
- Andersen Solidifies Africa Platform
- California: In Kern County, Governor Newsom Announces New Central Valley Vaccine Initiatives Serving Hardest-Hit Communities
- Panish Shea & Boyle LLP Announces Record $39.5 Million Settlement for College Student Who Suffered Heat Stroke During Outdoor Jogging Class