- Sacramento resident and author, Susan D. Powers, puts family first in her new book - 189
- TVS Boxing Network Adds Six Greatest Fights of the 20th Century to Summer Schedule on WatchYour.TV
- TVS Vintage Network.Com Adds Iconic Family Shows From First Decade of Television, on WatchYour.TV
June 23, 2021
Rachel Davis, Press Secretary, Office of Mayor Liccardo, 408.712.9149, email@example.com
Photo of Jennifer Maguire:
Downloadable here - PC: City of San Jose
SAN JOSE, CA – Mayor Sam Liccardo and the San José City Council unanimously appointed Jennifer Maguire as the City's Acting City Manager. With three decades of experience at the city, Jennifer Maguire currently serves as the Assistant City Manager and the Chief Operating Officer. She will start her role on July 25 when the current City Manager, David Sykes, retires.
"Jennifer's leadership and dedication in serving our City and its residents for the past 30 years will be critical in the years ahead," said Mayor Sam Liccardo. "Her wealth of experience with policy and city service decisions will prove crucial as we transition from a once-in-a-lifetime pandemic into recovery."
In her role as Acting City Manager, Maguire will serve as the Chief Administrative Officer for San José. Reporting directly to the Mayor and City Council, she will lead a workforce of over 6,600 employees and oversee a $4.8 billion annual budget. Maguire will be responsible for managing the day-to-day delivery of services to the community, advising the City Council, and implementing their policies.
More on The Californer
- Mark Goode to Build Alliant Public Entity Education & Pooling Practice
- The South Florida International Film Festival Awards Event for June 2021 Celebrated Filmmakers and Screenwriters
- California: Governor Newsom Meets with New FEMA Administrator on Devastation of Climate Crisis, Signs Resources Budget Trailer Bill
- What are the methods to ring at Google
- Amobee Names Nick Brien as Chief Executive Officer
"Jennifer has been a great partner, helping lead many of our departments and services, and she has provided counsel on many of our major city initiatives," said current City Manager Dave Sykes. "She is extremely dedicated to this City and I am confident she will make decisions for the greater good with the community and our workforce in mind. I know that the City is in great hands with Jennifer as City Manager."
In her tenure at the City, Maguire has helped ensure the effective and efficient delivery of services through 14 different city departments as well as eight offices within the City Manager's Office. She ensures departments work proactively toward achieving quality service delivery and organizational goals, provides strategic guidance to senior and executive staff, and helps anticipate and resolve complex policy and other issues as needed. She is also the lead executive for the city's police reforms.
"I am honored to support the Mayor and City Council, lead our amazing workforce, and serve our diverse community in this new role," said Jennifer Maguire. "I am deeply committed to our wonderful city and look forward to a positive future as we come back stronger together from one of the most painful and challenging events of our lifetime. Our challenges will become our accomplishments."
Maguire first started with the city in 1991 as a Budget Analyst in the City Manager's Budget Office. Through a succession of promotions, Maguire was promoted to Assistant to the City Manager in 1998, a position in which she primarily worked on employee and labor relations matters; then became the city's first Assistant Budget Director in 2000; and, in 2008, was appointed to Budget Director. As Budget Director, she led the city through one of its most difficult financial times, addressing budget shortfalls of almost $700 million over a ten-year period which required significant adjustments to city programs and services.
More on The Californer
- California: Newsom Administration Secures 12 Additional Firefighting Aircraft to Support Statewide Fire Response
- Outdoor Access for All: California Establishes New Pilot Programs to Expand Youth Access to State Parks
- TVS Flashback Network.Com Adds Diffren't Strokes, Golden Girls, and Becker to Fall Schedule
- Extreme Tech Challenge Announces Strategic Partnership With the Food & Agriculture Organization of the United Nations to Advance Technology-Enabled Resilient Food Systems
- Sho Richardsin Release New Music The Dude (Shogi)
In 2013, Maguire was appointed to the dual role of Deputy City Manager and Budget Director. As Deputy City Manager, she served as a key advisor and performed complex policy analysis and worked on special projects for the City Manager while overseeing the Police, Fire, Environmental Services, Transportation, and Airport departments. Her role was expanded again in 2015 when she was named Senior Deputy City Manager and Budget Director. In addition to the Police and Fire departments, she oversaw the Finance and Human Resources departments as well as the Office of Employee Relations.
Maguire has been a resident of San José for 23 years and in Santa Clara County the majority of her life. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Masters in Business Administration, both from Santa Clara University. She was recognized in 2012 with two distinguished awards, the San José/Silicon Valley Business Journal's 100 Women of Influence Award and the YMCA Tribute to Women Award.
# # #
About the City of San José
With more than one million residents, San José is one of the most diverse large cities in the United States and is Northern California's largest city and the 10th largest city in the nation. San José's transformation into a global innovation center has resulted in one of the largest concentrations of technology companies and expertise in the world. In 2011, the City adopted Envision San José 2040, a long-term growth plan that sets forth a vision and a comprehensive road map to guide the City's anticipated growth through the year 2040.
Latest on The Californer
- GA-ASI and UK MoD Exercise Contract for Additional 13 Protector RPAS
- KIMTRUE Shares Secrets to Getting and Maintaining Beautiful, Healthy Hair
- JetMax AI Vision Robotic Arm to be launched soon on Kickstarter
- Sonorous Records To Release 8 Albums Of Original Recordings By The Five Blind Boys Of Alabama
- Storage Made Easy announces SMBStream™, a new product that offers secure accelerated access to SMB Shares over the Internet
- Things to know before change or cancellation of your booked flight
- Twilio Achieves Full Compliance with STIR/SHAKEN Protocols to Combat Illegal Robocalls
- Gymboree Play & Music Announces Collaboration with DreamWorks Animation Series, Gabby's Dollhouse
- (CVA Alert) Johnson Fistel Investigates Proposed Sale of Covanta; Is $20.25 a Fair Price?
- NeoPhotonics to Host Conference Call to Discuss 2021 Second Quarter Financial Results on Tuesday, August 3, 2021
- Angel brings a delightful song with a powerful message called; You will always be (My Baby Girl)
- Pharma and Biotech to Highly Invest in RNA Therapeutics to Expedite Research & Development across the Globe USA - English USA - English
- California: Governor Newsom Statement on Proposed $26 Billion National Opioid Settlement
- Diversity News Media Brands Publisher Files Trademark For Diversity News Magazine Dot Com Domain Name
- Glancy Prongay & Murray LLP Obtains Important Ruling for Tenaris S.A. Investors in Securities Fraud Class Action
- CLARA Analytics Appoints Tom Warden as Chief Insurance and Science Officer
- Governor, Mayors and Police Chiefs Talk Public Safety in Long Beach
- Markethive Standing Tall In The New Ocean Of Crypto Currencies
- California: Governor Newsom Signs Legislation to Bolster State's Film and Television Industry, Creating Good Jobs and Promoting a Diverse Workforce
- California: Governor Newsom Joins Law Enforcement Leaders and Big 13 Mayors to Discuss State Efforts to Reduce Crime, Signs Legislation Targeting Organized Retail Theft