- Long Beach: Get Vaccinated & Get 2 Free Aquarium Tickets
- iPOP Alumni Shameik Moore's Spiderman Sequel Begins Filming
- Long Beach: Community Hospital Emergency Room Opens
SB 93 requires employers in the hospitality and business services industries, including hotels, airports and large event centers, to offer new positions to qualified former employees laid off due to COVID-19 within five business days, through 2024.
"As we progress toward fully reopening our economy, it is important we maintain our focus on equity," said Governor Newsom. "SB 93 keeps us moving in the right direction by assuring hospitality and other workers displaced by the pandemic are prioritized to return to their workplace."
More on The Californer
- On Lok Announces Appointment of New Chief Financial Officer, Kanwar Singh
- Crescent Acquisition Corp Files Definitive Proxy in Connection with Proposed Business Combination With LiveVox Holdings, Inc.
- Entertainment Leaders Call on Celebrities and Influencers to Stop Spreading Misinformation about Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
- CVMG's Health and Wellness Resource Center helps families make smart choices
- Jimmy Buffett will kick off summer with NoCap livestream on June 20th
The bill is the result of continued conversations with the Legislature to advance the goals of last year's AB 3216.
Governor Newsom also announced that he has signed the following bill today:
- SB 86 by the Committee on Budget and Fiscal Review – Public social services.
For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov
Latest on The Californer
- How the COVID Storm Took India
- Sandline Discovery Acquires 24legal; Expands International Footprint
- Alten Construction begins work on San Rafael High School STEAM Building
- ABL Space wins fourth Department of Defense contract
- Amid pandemic price gouging, two companies partner to provide affordable hand sanitizer
- Appetize Launches New Payment Technology for Sports and Entertainment Venues, Hospitality and Restaurants
- Shockadelica Combines an Unusual Novel with Chilling Music
- Trophy Automotive Dealer Group Launches New App: Trophy - Buy & Sell Cars
- Email Production Platform Dyspatch Partners With Canva to Make Email Design Effortless
- NovaBay Pharmaceuticals Launches First of Several New Products to Expand Avenova Line
- GrooveCar Direct Announces 8 New Credit Union Partnerships in Q1 2021
- Rainwear Market Size Poised To Expand At 6.4% CAGR By 2028, Owing To Rising Brand Recognition & increasing Working-Class Population Globally | Million Insights
- Wadhwani Foundation Announces $1 Million In Grants To Immediately Help Indian Families Impacted By Covid-19
- OZY And Chevrolet Announce Their Genius Award Recipients
- Sodium Hyaluronate 41 kDa-65 kDa
- Alkaline Phosphatase Conjugate Stabilizer
- ReCor Medical Announces Results from Landmark RADIANCE-HTN TRIO Study, Showing Clinically Significant Blood Pressure Reduction with the Paradise Ultrasound RDN System in Patients with Resistant Hypertension
- Steve Muehler – Paralegal – Expands its Paralegal Services to include SEC Edgar Filings
- New Book "finding Your Company's Spiritual Purpose" Hopes To Encourage Greater Level Of Community Involvement
- CHAMIE is making pies out of "Money" with new single - Out May 21!