Jimmy wasn't born with a silver spoon in hand, but he never let that stop him from achieving the American dream. He met The Brothers That Just Do Gutters co-owner Ken Parsons in Nairobi, Kenya while Ken was on a missionary trip. Ken told Jimmy he'd have a job waiting for him if he ever decided to come to the states. Jimmy took Ken up on the offer and left his economically village for the US with less than twenty dollars to his name. Starting at the ground floor, Jimmy began working with the founders of The Brothers That Just Do Gutters, Ken and Ryan Parsons, as a gutter installer in New York. His skill and dedication eventually landed him the title of Head Installer / Trainer.
During this time, Jimmy had started a family. His wife Jess Olang who would eventually become his partner in business as well. While she was carrying their second child, Jimmy was installing gutters by day and moonlighting at a group home by night. This unforgiving schedule became unsustainable. Eventually, he lost his night job when his body reached a breaking point and he fell asleep while on the clock.
More on The Californer
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Accepts Win-Win Playoff Challenge from Mayor Eric Genrich of Green Bay
- California: Governor Newsom Issues Proclamation Declaring Lunar New Year 1.24.20
- Why Did My Car Insurance Go Up?
- Megha Dontha Narrates Audiobook Version of Best-Selling Startup Book 'The 60 Minute Startup'
- Fire Disaster Response Team at Guzi-West Helps Property Owners Navigate the Cleanup Process
Jimmy knew he had to make a change, so he reached out to Ryan and Ken for advice. The Brothers happened to be in the process of franchising The Brothers That Just Do Gutters. The decision to offer one of their most skilled, loyal and dependable employees a franchise opportunity was a no brainer. Who would be better to run a Brothers Gutters than someone who has excelled company for over 13 years?
Jimmy and Jess decided to take advantage of the opportunity and start a Brothers That Just Do Gutters franchise in Lehigh Valley where Jess grew up (Catasauqua). With hard work and dedication, the location quickly started gaining momentum and hasn't stopped since. In just four short years, they've grown from their humble beginnings of a single employee and truck to a staff of 15 employees, fleet of 6 trucks and two million dollars in annual revenue.
Jimmy attributes much of his success to the efficiency of The Brothers That Just Do Gutters system and resources. He explains, "We didn't have to reinvent the wheel. We just worked with what has been given to us and every year we grow." With tools like a dedicated call center, marketing staff, training procedures and more, Jimmy and Jess have been able to realize their financial goals and continue to thrive.
The Brothers That Just Do Gutters of Lehigh Valley differentiates itself from other contractors in the area with a level of professionalism that can be hard to come by in the home improving industry. Installers and estimators reliably show up when they are scheduled. Pricing is upfront and accurate. Projects are finished on time and on budget.
More on The Californer
- BTI Completes OSHA 10 Training
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Announces Policy Changes to Increase Usage of Substance Use Treatment Beds
- IAOP and The Rockefeller Foundation Announce Winners of 2020 Global Impact Sourcing Award
- Thought Provoking Consulting announces new hires to its 3D Digital Transformation practice
- Is "App Marketing" The New Email Marketing?
In addition to their exceptional service and value, contributions to local organizations have helped The Brothers That Just Do Gutters of Lehigh Valley establish themselves as positive forces in their community. They regularly donate to Allentown Rescue Mission, LifePath and Abba House. They also sponsor the volleyball teams of North Hampton High School and Dieruff High School.
The Brothers That Just Do Gutters Story
The Brothers That Just Do Gutters was born out of Ken Parson's vision for a better contracting service. While working as a gutter installer for an independent company during summers between teaching history in the mid-1990's, he determined exactly what qualities such an operation should embody. In 1999 his plans were solidified with the opening of what is now called The Brothers That Just Do Gutters.
Ken was able to recruit his brother Ryan, trained and educated as a graphic designer, to join him as Chief Solutionist of their growing operation. The siblings haven't looked back since.
Fast forward to 2019. Ken and Ryan have helped dozens of other motivated individuals, partners and couples realize the American Dream by opening The Brothers That Just Do Gutters franchises of their own. Today, there are 11 Brothers Gutter franchise locations and one corporate own location including Hudson Valley, NY, New Milford, CT, Monmouth, NJ, Lehigh Valley, PA, Richmond, VA, Lynchburg, VA, Virginia Beach, VA, Jacksonville, FL, Seattle, WA, San Antonio, TX, South Charlotte, NC and Columbus, GA. Their proprietary system enables speedy growth and ample return on investment with direct training, ongoing consultation and strategic marketing.
For more information about Brothers Gutter system, visit www.brothersfranchise.com or call (845) 705-7276.
Steve Dubin, PR Works
Latest on The Californer
- Nutrient Technologies, Inc. Expanding Fertilizer Research
- Mayor London Breed Celebrates Opening of San Francisco's First Housing Program for Transgender Adults
- The Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation Funds 6 New Research Grants In 2020
- How Entrepreneurs Can Run A "Lifestyle Business" Writing One Email A Day
- AutoQuotes Appoints New Chief Product Officer
- Limelight Health Wins 2020 BIG Innovation Award
- TurboTax Starts the New Decade by Empowering Latino Tax Filers Through Integrated Marketing Campaign
- Two join the Plymouth, MA-based Hart Speech Foundation Board of Directors
- The Legacy of Jack LaLanne, The Godfather of Fitness, Introduced to a New Generation
- Family of Man Killed in Conception Boat Fire Tragedy Files in the CONCEPTION Limitation Action
- Help with Sleep Apnea Disorder & Sleep Apnea Treatment- San Ramon Dental Excellence
- Maxeler Technologies Licenses Healthcare Technologies
- New Ascorbate Oxidase from Molecular Depot
- New Human Myoglobin Antibody and Antigen from Molecular Depot
- California: Governor Newsom Appoints Government Operations Agency, Business, Consumer Services and Housing Agency, and Veterans Affairs Secretaries
- Greenlit Content Partners With Wizard World To Bring Esports To Pop Culture Events In 2020
- Satanic Child Trafficking Nightmare Distraction On Capitol Hill
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Deployment of Trailers and Medical Services Tents to Los Angeles County as Part of Accelerated State Action on Homelessness
- Announcing 2020 Race Roster of Awesome Experiences
- Pop Sensation Lv To Release Newest Single 'done Wit It'