- Mars Branded Skittles® and Starburst Cotton Candy to Launch!
- Waste Management Shareholder News: Robbins LLP is Investigating Waste Management, Inc. (WM) on Behalf of Shareholders
- James Postrasija, CEO of Order Food Online on Platform Features/Benefits
June 17, 2022
Rachel Davis, Chief Communications Officer, Office of Mayor Sam Liccardo, email@example.com
SAN JOSÉ, CA – This week, San José Mayor Sam Liccardo and the City Council approved a new framework to achieve Carbon Neutrality by 2030 and also eliminated minimum parking requirements for new construction in the city, the latest in a series of major initiatives by city leaders to address the worsening climate crisis. San José has taken these bold steps as part of the American Cities Climate Challenge, a partnership with Bloomberg Philanthropies and Natural Resources Defense Council, focused on accelerating city level climate action.
"We remain focused on bold steps to accelerate our climate action work in San José, thanks to partners like Bloomberg Philanthropies and NRDC, dedicated city staff, and countless other community partners," said San José Mayor Liccardo. "Adopting strategies to accelerate our Carbon Neutral by 2030 goal, and reforming our outdated parking policies are the types of necessary steps we must take to achieve our ambitious climate goals to ensure a livable planet for future generations."
More on The Californer
- Ganglioside GT1a Antibody High Purity
- Dnase-Free and Rnase-Free Distilled Water
- Long Beach: Happy Fourth of July Weekend
- TVS Television Network Launches First Outlook Original Programming You Tube Channel
- The Atlas Elite Entertainment Music Award online is coming!
San José originally pledged to go carbon neutral by the end of the decade, in November, 2021. San José will become the largest city in the United States to have set the ambitious goal of carbon neutrality by 2030. To achieve carbon neutrality, San José has identified four key acceleration strategies:
- Moving to zero-emission vehicles;
- Reducing the number of Vehicles Miles Traveled (VMT) by 20%;
- Switching appliances powered by fossil fuels to electric when feasible, and;
- Powering San José with 100% carbon-neutral electricity
The elimination of mandatory parking minimums city-wide is a critical step towards tackling San José's largest source of greenhouse gas emissions: the transportation sector. The city will reform outdated parking rules, and require new developments to support more ways of getting around beyond driving. City staff will bring a new plan to Council later this year. San José will join other cities re-envisioning land use to create more walkable neighborhoods and affordable homes.
The Mayor and Council also approved a Transportation Demand Management (TDM) ordinance, a tool to ensure new developments invest in alternative transportation methods through measures like transit passes, bike and pedestrian improvements, carshare and other measures.
More on The Californer
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in 17 Education & Technology Group Inc. with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Money Today Korea Selects Grinergy as a 2022 R&D Innovation Grand Prize Winner
- Virgin Orbit Successfully Launches 'Straight Up' Mission
- INVESTOR DEADLINE: Inotiv, Inc. Investors with Substantial Losses Have Opportunity to Lead Class Action – NOTV
- Milloret LTD To Offer Premium International SEO Services
The actions by San José City Council are a part of Climate Smart San José, adopted by the City in 2018, lays out how we are doing our part to address climate change. Climate Smart San José is one of the first detailed city plans for reaching the targets of the international Paris Agreement. To get there, Climate Smart San José sets ambitious goals for energy, water, transportation and local jobs. So far the City's Climate Smart efforts established San José as a national leader in electric vehicle adoption; led to the installation of 33 miles of new bikeways; and ranked San José as fourth in rooftop solar deployment per capita, ninth in energy efficiency, and first out of the ten largest cities in the United States for a completely carbon-free residential and commercial energy mix.
About the City of San José
With more than one million residents, San José comprises the 10th largest city in the United States, and one of its most diverse cities. San José's transformation into a global innovation center in the heart of Silicon Valley has resulted in the world's greatest concentration of technology talent and development.
Latest on The Californer
- Signs By Veterans and Savage Shakers Founder Announces Sponsorship for #TEAMUSA Para-Athlete Brian Conwell
- RINGO CELEBRATES HIS BIRTHDAY WITH HIS ANNUAL CAMPAIGN FOR PEACE & LOVE WHICH INCLUDES 26 CELEBRATIONS IN COUNTRIES AROUND THE WORLD AND THIS YEAR WILL ALSO SEE HIS MESSAGE OF PEACE AND LOVE BEAMED UP TO THE STARS AND ORBIT THE EARTH
- EY Names Tim and Chris Vanderhook of Viant Technology as Entrepreneurs of the Year® 2022 Pacific Southwest Award Winners
- Governor Newsom Takes Action to Further Restrict Ghost Guns and Protect California Kids from Gun Violence
- Fragner Seifert Pace & Mintz, LLP Promotes Alex Flumenbaum to Partner
- INVESTIGATION NOTICE: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in Riskified Ltd. with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
- Telegraph Hill Partners Raises $525M Fifth Fund for New Life Science and Healthcare Investments
- EA SPORTS™ F1® 22 Launches Worldwide Today
- Diving Into Informative Television With 'A Hot Set's'- 'Statement'
- San Francisco: Mayor London Breed Statement on State Budget Includes Investments of Nearly $55 Million in Community Projects
- Governor Newsom Signs Into Law Strongest Extended Producer Responsibility Legislation in the U.S.
- California: Governor Newsom Signs Legislation Cutting Harmful Plastic Pollution to Protect Communities, Oceans and Animals
- TikTok Marketing Strategy-Boost Your Business With TikTok
- Governor Newsom Signs Budget Putting Money Back in Californians' Pockets and Investing in State's Future
- Aimmune Therapeutics to Present New Data for PALFORZIA® [Peanut (Arachis hypogaea) Allergen Powder-dnfp] at the EAACI Hybrid Congress 2022
- San Francisco World Spirits Competition Announces Premium Winners at Inaugural Awards Gala
- Best AI Copywriter-The Future Of Copy-writing Is Now
- San Jose: Notice of CEQA Posting: Addendum to the 4300 Stevens Creek Boulevard Mixed-Use Project
- Indie Brand Vow Beauty Enters Walmart
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: The Schall Law Firm Encourages Investors in Abbott Laboratories with Losses of $100,000 to Contact the Firm