- RockNTix takes on the ticketing monopoly with a view to abolishing service fees - 164
- Country Artist Ashley Wineland to Release Poignant Ballad 'I'm Going Home'; Announces Her 2023 National Tour
- San Jose: : San José's Chief Building Official Chu Chang Honored as California Building Official of the Year
"Our small business owners have endured several crises over the last few years while keeping their shops running and their employees working," said Mayor Rex Richardson. "With this new grant opportunity, the City continues to provide support during this process of recovery."
Awarded grants of $1,500 can be used for storefront repairs, boarding costs, insurance deductibles and business operating expenses.
As part of the City's efforts following the proclamation of a local homelessness emergency, and discussed by the City Council at the Jan. 24 council meeting, staff will establish grant funds for local businesses that have been affected by impacts potentially related to the homelessness crisis. It should be noted that crime and vandalism can be committed by people who may be housed or unhoused and often exacerbated by mental health challenges and increases in societal stressors, such as the COVID-19 pandemic and its associated economic effects.
More on The Californer
- Murder on the Links WORLD PREMIERE at North Coast Repertory Theatre
- Ferocious Talent Management Europe Celebrates the Fifth Grammy Win For Our Very Own Rob Chiarelli At
- Majority Of Medicare Advantage Plans Offer Added Benefits
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 3.24.23
- California Continues Creating Jobs
"Small businesses are a key component to a vibrant community" said Bo Martinez, Director of Economic Development. "This grant opportunity is one of several the City has provided over the last few years to help small businesses get through challenging times and start to thrive once again."
Applications will open on Feb. 22, with more information and online application available at longbeach.gov/smallbizgrants. Applications will remain open until funding is exhausted. Grant awards will be issued on a rolling basis to eligible applicants. Visual Improvement Grant activities will be tracked through, reported on, and communicated via the Long Beach Recovery Act website. For more information, visit the Long Beach Recovery Act website at longbeach.gov/recovery/reporting-data/.
More on The Californer
- California: Governor Newsom Eases Drought Restrictions
- California: Governor Newsom Announces Appointments 3.23.23
- California: What They're Saying: Governor Newsom's Proposal to Hold Big Oil Accountable
- California: Governor Newsom Signs Legislation 3.23.23
- Matt Fogelgren to Join Cleartelligence Executive Team as Chief Revenue Officer
This program is made possible by the Long Beach Recovery Act (Recovery Act), a plan to fund economic and public health initiatives for residents, workers and businesses critically impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Additional information about the Long Beach Recovery Act is available at longbeach.gov/recovery.
For more information on the City's efforts to reduce homelessness in Long Beach, people may visit longbeach.gov/homelessness and follow @lbhealthdept and @longbeachcity on social media and follow the hashtag #EveryoneHomeLB.
Filed Under: Government, City
Latest on The Californer
- 2023 National Farmworker Awareness Week
- Orbex Introduces Double Profits for New Traders
- Against All Odds: University of California Berkeley Men's Cricket Team Lifts NCCA Cup
- Tech N9ne Surprises Kxng Crooked Interview with I Only Touch Greatness
- Quotehunt.co.uk: Revolutionising the UK B2B Market with Comprehensive Comparison Services for Small Businesses
- The 2nd Aollywood Five Continents Film Festival Nominations Were Announced: "All Quiet on the Western Front" Led With 7 Nominations
- Human Matriptase/ST14 Protein (High Purity)
- Myristoyl-Coenzyme A (Highly Pure)
- Dr. Kelli Ward and Martha Boneta Fain join the advisory board of Legacy PAC , a partner of Veterans for Trump
- My Refuge House Hosts Much Ado for Freedom
- 2023 Employee Handbook Templates Now Available
- Passive Income for Retirees - Income Ideas for Retirees
- Shareholder Alert: Robbins LLP Informs Investors of Class Action Against Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. (SWK)
- Mercy Street to Host the Largest Opening Day Event in the Organization's 20 Year History
- The Nashville International Chopin Piano Competition Announces the Alexei Sultanov Memorial Discovery Prize
- Available Medicare Advantage Plans 2023 Increased By 6 Percent
- Kobie Voted a Top Workplace USA
- Aquia Inc. Joins the AWS Partner Network and the AWS Public Sector Partner Program
- PatientClick launched Hybrid Medical Billing Services
- Perfect Body Laser and Aesthetics ® Offers Tetra CoolPeel Co2 Laser Skin Resurfacing